I have decided that I am determined to learn as much as I can about my diagnosis. I am going to do everything I can to ensure that we are getting the best possible protocols. During some of my research I found two books which I really wanted to read. I went to Border's on my lunch hour and picked up Inconceivable and The Infertility Cure.
Inconceivable is the story of a woman who at 42 decides with her husband to try for baby #2. After months of struggling, she sees a Reproductive Endocrinologist only to discover her FSH level is also 42. Instead of going the route of fertility treatments, she decides to pursue Chinese Medicine, organic foods, yoga, and she actually conceives!
The Infertility Cure is a book about using Chinese Medicine to treat infertility. It discusses accupuncture and Chinese Herbs.
During our journey to conceive, I have also discovered the online community BabyCenter. I have become addicted to this site. It has been a wonderful source of support for me, and I usually have my laptop opened each night and I am logged on to my little community. After the first of the year, I declared to my husband that I was taking a break from what he so lovingly refers to "Am I Pregnant Yet dot com". I think it's cute, the little names he used for my obsession. But I realized it had become a bit of an obsession and thought that maybe I needed a little break.
I couldn't totally remove myself from researching and learning more about my condition and treatment plans, so I dove into my new books. I had the books for about two or three days when Scott made a comment. He said "I thought you were going to take a break from that stuff."
I didn't see the books as being in the same category as BabyCenter. Think of BabyCenter as the FaceBook for those trying to conceive. I thought I would expand my mind and horizons to something more intelligent. With tears welling in my eyes, I explained this to Scott. I told him that with my diagnosis of Diminished Ovarian Reserve, I wanted to learn as much as I could. That one of the books was an amazing and miraculous success story of a woman with severe DOR who conceived without fertility medications, and the other book would help me to learn some of the things I could do to improve our chances.
After I explained this to my husband, he understood completely. He said that if it was him with the infertility diagnosis, he would most likely be doing the same thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment