Okay, so now it has been over a year that we've been trying to start our family. After months or praying and waiting, and waiting some more, we decided to call for reinforcements. Scott and I decided to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist, or in layman's terms, a fertility specialist. I did some research and we decided on to go to HFCRH. I called and made an appointment. We were scheduled four our fist consultation on October 23, 2009. We would be meeting with Dr. X. The clinic told us that we should schedule a semen analysis prior to the visit. Since we had the prescription in hand, I was hoping that this would be the kick Scott needed to go and get it done! Well, he decided to wait and finally scheduled it for the morning of our first appointment.
We met with the doctor and cried tears of joy when she told us that Scott has super swimmers! Male factor infertility issues can be very difficult to treat, so we were so happy that this was not an issue for us. Our RE reviewed my charts, thank goodness for fertilitfriend.com. I had an entire year's worth of charts to proudly show our doctor! Beautiful charts, with clear thermal shifts showing I ovulate like a champ every cycle!
The RE reviewed my charts and confirmed that they looked good. She scheduled some baseline blood work tests to measure my hormone levels. Just a formality, right. I mean, now that we know we don't have any male factor issues, and everyone in my family gets pregnant just thinking about it, this good news could be the stress reliever we needed to kick things into gear.
I had blood drawn, and they tested my Estradoil, Thyroid, FSH and a few others I can't remember. The next day the nurse called me to tell me that my results were good and my hormone levels were within the normal range. We then scheduled and HSG for October 30th.

No comments:
Post a Comment