Tomorrow I go back to the RE for my antral follicle count. It is the last bit of testing to really know what my diagnosis of DOR means for me.
My RE will take my FSH* (11) my AMH* (0.8) and my AFC* (let's hope for 10! That's a big number, but I am hoping for the best case scenario.) Those numbers together should indicate how I will respond to the Femara and determine if we should move on to injectables like Bravelle.
This cycle I am taking Femara on cycle days 3-7, then go in on CD12 for an ultrasound to check how my egg(s) are developing. When they are nice and mature, I will then take a trigger shot, Ovidrel, to trigger ovulation.
Femara is actually not a fertility drug. It is a drug used in the treatment of breast cancer in menopausal women. I don't know much about the research that lead to the more widespread usage of Famara in treating fertility, but from what I understand, it helps to increase and/or improve egg maturation and egg quality when taken on cycle days 3-7.
Since my diagnosis I have been taking wheatgrass every morning and red raspberry leaf tea each day from the start of my cycle until ovulation.
I will post tomorrow with my results!
*most of the information I have been able to find regarding the DOR diagnosis is based on IVF cycles.

No comments:
Post a Comment