Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

Ready to Trigger

Well, it's that time again. Time for me to take the trigger shot and get ready for our IUI. I went to the clinic this morning for monitoring: blood work and an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed two good follicles in my right ovary. One is 27mm and the other is 24mm. My lining was great at 9.1 and my E2 is 329! I will take the trigger shot tonight between 9:00 and 10:00. Scott and I will then go back to the clinic Wednesday morning for the IUI.
I am a little nervous about the trigger shot because I am pretty certain I will have to give it to myself. My mother-in-law is out of town, and she gave the the shot last cycle. (Remember the story?) Since she is traveling, I could have my sister-in-law do it, but I really don't think I want to make the trip, it's about an hour round-trip from our house to hers and back. So I will muster up the courage to do it myself.

4 comments:

  1. Corinne, do they tell you to do the trigger intramuscularly? I do my triggers subcutanously. They can be done either way. I don't mind giving myself the subcu shots, it's just those PIO's in the muscle that are impossible to give myself. Are you afraid of the needle aspect or did they tell you that it has to be done in the muscle??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering the same thing as Cherbear- I've always triggered (for IUI) subcu, but I am thinking the trigger for my IVF cycle might be IM. You are a strong brave woman... YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I worked with my first RE and did cycles with Femara, Ovidrel and timed intercourse I took Ovidrel for the trigger and that is a sub-cu. I gave myself that one without any problems. It was easy-peasy!
    But this trigger has to be done IM (even though we are just doing IUI). And according to the study guidelines is must be done in the hip/butt, so I can't even do it in my leg. I think I could manage the leg, but twisting and turning and trying to get the shot it my hip, well...not so much.
    These trigger meds come freeze-dried in a glass vial and then there is the water in another vial that I have to use to reconstitute the meds, so I have to mix it. Then it must be given IM. I already chickened out and called my SIL this afternoon-she's a nurse. She is meeting me half-way (at her suggestion, she rocks!) at my MIL's house and SIL will give it to me there. I am a total chicken-shit! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Glad someone is able to help you! I was telling my husband last night that we will have some IM injections for our IVF cycle and he will probably need to administer them... he was trying to find a way out of it. Unfortunatly all of the nurses in our family live about 2 hours away!

    ReplyDelete