Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

7 DPIUI - Days Past Intra-uterine Insemination

Well, I have one week down and one week to go in this thing known as the TWW: the two week wait from the IUI until it's time to take a pregnancy test. I went to the clinic this morning for blood work and an ultrasound to check to see how my body responded to the medications and the IUI, as well as checking if my body is baby-ready. I had blood work to check my progesterone level. Around 7 days past ovulation and IUI it should be above 10 on an unmedicated cycle and above 20 on a medicated cycle. Mine was 46!! This is very good news and means that if there is a little embie (fertilized egg) working its way down into my 'lil oven my body is producing enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy. I also had an ultrasound to check to see if there are any corpus luteum cysts, which indicate an egg is released. Well, I had two! So it looks like I released two eggs. They also checked my uterine lining, which should be over 9. Mine was 13.1 which again is really good. The blood work and ultrasound indicate that my oven is ready for a little bun. Let's hope that one (or both) of these two eggies met one of Scott's fantabulous swimmers and starts baking our bun soon!
Just one more week until my beta draw to see if this IUI worked! I am hoping I can make it through this next week without POAS!!

4 comments:

  1. Corinne: This post is full of such good news it gave me goosebumps. Sending prayers that this month is your and Scott's time. I can't wait to spend the weekend with you guys! Here's to PUPO!!!! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks EB! We are hoping this one works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finding you through ICLW. The 2ww is so hard, but it sounds like you are doing well! I am headed towards IUI myself next month, so I am very curious about it all. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great numbers... wonderful news :)) Sending you lots of sticky growing vibes :)) Thinking of you always xoxo

    newyearmum2blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete