Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

12 Week Update

We hit the 12 week mark, although not without a little bump in the road. The good news is that everything is okay, baby and I are doing well. This week started out a little crazy at work, lots of stress with the normal dealings of working as a Quality Manager. I got home from work Tuesday night and decided that since the temperature finally dropped below 90 degrees I was going to go for a nice long walk outside. I have been walking about 30 minutes a day, so heading out for a walk was pretty normal. I thought it would be good to get some cardio in and clear my head a little. I geared up, grabbed a bottle of water, put the leash on Benji and headed out. I walked for about 40 minutes and soon after I got home I went to the bathroom to find that I was spotting. I was crushed. It was only a little bit of brown blood, but I was still so scared. I couldn't even think straight. After a few minutes of crying, I calmed down enough to call the after-hours number at my OB. Scott was still at work and not due home for about another hour.
I spoke with the answering service attendant and she told me the on-call doctor would be calling me back very soon. It only took about ten minutes and the doctor called. I explained what happened and the doctor asked a string of questions. Yes, I recently had an ultrasound and everything looked good. Yes we heard a strong heartbeat. No, I am not having any cramping or bright red blood.
The doctor assured me that this can happen and that it did not sound threatening, but just to be sure I should call the office in the morning, explain what happened and ask to be seen.
Scott arrived home shortly after I talked to the doctor and he was wonderful. He held me and let me cry a little and calmed me down. He even encouraged me to call one or two of my been-there-done-that friends and see what they had to say. I called both A and J and they were wonderful support as well!
I was able to remain pretty calm last night, after the initial shock and scare anyway, and finally went to bed around 10:00, well after my usual bed time.

I called the OB's office this morning and they were able to see me right away. The doctor did an exam and used the doppler to hear the heartbeat. Everything was fine! Heartbeat was 157 and my exam was all clear, no more spotting!

So, here is the picture I took last night after my walk but before the drama. Me and Baby T at 12 weeks!

5 comments:

  1. Glad everything is ok. Hope you don't have any more spotting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are GORGEOUS!! Loving the belly! God is good and I know he is watching out for you and this little "fella"! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad everything was OK! I hope everything goes smoothly going forward. You are looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything is ok.
    *Happy 12 Weeks*
    xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corinne! This post freaked me out. But I am glad you have the most amazing husband and some good girlfriends to support you. Sending love! EB

    ReplyDelete