Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Finally!

It finally happened! After nearly three long years, we got our BFP! Like all of the celebrities say, "We are over the moon!"
It all started last Monday night, Memorial Day. Scott and I spent the weekend camping with family and friends. We had a great time. Since I was in the TWW I didn't drink, which was actually quite fun. We arrived home on Monday evening and I was feeling a little off. I really didn't think much of it because of the long weekend we spent at the lake. But by Monday night, I had a sneaking suspicion that something might be up.
Tuesday morning Scott went to work and I had another vacation day. I was planning on putting all of the camping stuff away, doing laundry, and just relaxing. Instead I woke up Tuesday morning, ran out to the car to go to the dollar store for some HPTs--pregnancy tests. And yes, they sell them for $1 each at the dollar store.
Well, the car was dead. I had left the lights on all weekend long. I called AAA and they came to jump the car. I raced off to the store, ran in, and bought 5 HPTs. I got home and used two of them. The first one came up a little weird because the dye ran. I thought there were two lines, but they were smeared. The second one came up with two lines right away. Then I took a third. Positive too!
I was in shock and disbelief. So I ran up to K-Mart, which is right around the corner from our house. I got a two-pack of FRERs, the gold standard in home pregnancy tests. There was a 'normal' test in the pack and there was also a digital test.
I took both of them right away and this is what I got!
I was laughing and crying. I just couldn't believe it. I called the nurse at the clinic right away. I needed verification that I wasn't seeing the remnants of my trigger shot. She said that it was most likely a positive test and I should come in the next morning for our scheduled Beta draw.
I called Scott at work and told him. He was just like me, in shock and disbelief. We decided to be cautiously optimistic until the blood work the next day.
Wednesday I went in for my Beta and it came back at 260.
Friday I went for a repeat and it was 847.
Sunday I went for another one and it was 1747.
Tuesday was my last draw and it was 4668.
My numbers are rising well and doubling like they should.
Our first ultrasound is scheduled for June 15th!

We are pregnant!

Oh, and we have told family and some close friends, but we are not "Facebook ready" yet, so please only post comments here if you know me in real life. Nothing on Facebook for a few weeks yet.

8 comments:

  1. Papa already has his painting clothes and supplies laid out for the nursery. CMEO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats congrats CONGRATS! I am doing a little happy dance for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY CRAP! So excited for you! I had just thought about you the other day, and wondered if your lack of blogging had some kind of meaning... like this one!! SO,SO,SO happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in AWE of your amazing bfp(s)! A HUGE congrats to you, because you sooooo deserve it!!!!!

    I absolutely cannot wait to see your first ultrasound.

    This is the second time I've seen the same pics, and I'm still in utter amazement girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, congrats! I am so happy, ecstatic for you guys! What great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo!!! Remember when you were here helping me nest for Rebecca, and you were washing blinds and asking when Mom and I were going to come do that at your house.... well now we get to :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! May things continue to go well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats girl!!! I am so excited for you!! I am so sorry I didn't know you had a blog, otherwise I would have been following it a long time ago! Wishing you the best for your u/s on Wed!! Tons of sticky vibes headed your way and I hope you have an easy and uneventful next 9 months!! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete