Well, here I am, in my TWW, waiting to see if this first IUI was successful. It is still a little too early to be feeling any real symptoms, but of course I am still analyzing every twitch and potential sign.
I had my progesterone tested yesterday. During ART this is typically done around 7-9 days past ovulation to determine if you actually ovulated. A progesterone level over 10 indicates ovulation. Mine was 14. I am now 9 days past the IUI and have 6 days left until I go back to the clinic for a blood test to see if we are pregnant. Although I think I will have a pretty good idea before next Monday morning. According to my usual cycle pattern my period is due Saturday or Sunday. (Aren't you glad I share so much information!?!?) If it hasn't arrived by Monday morning then I think my chances of being pregnant are pretty good. But that's still almost a week away. I am trying to get through the next few days without stressing or obsessing too much. I think it helps to know that if this cycle doesn't work we still have three more chances.
**********************************
I talked to my mom and dad a little bit this weekend about the struggles of sharing information with friends and family. The up side to it is that I have so much support from so many wonderful people. The down side is that everyone is expecting updates. I've taken that safety net away; the one where most people wait a few weeks to share their good news and savor it for themselves. The same net that allows for you to digest the heartbreak of another failed cycle for a few days before moving. But since I've share the details with my friends and family, the exact time I took my trigger shot, the date and time of the IUI, the day my period is due, and the date of my pregnancy test at the clinic, I know people will be waiting to hear the results. I am afraid of having to share bad news if this doesn't work.
I told my parents that if they don't hear from my by Monday afternoon then I probably just need a few days to regroup. But if we do have good news on Monday you can be sure that I will be shouting it from the mountaintops. Okay, not the mountaintops, but you definitely will know!
**********************************
I do want to say that I appreciate everyone's prayers and support. The text messages, comments, emails and phone calls are wonderful. They really help to know that even though dealing with IF can seem so lonely that I have wonderful, loving family and friends out there supporting me and letting me know that Scott and I are in your thoughts.
Here's to hoping that this is the last month I am updating you about bloodwork, tests, IUIs and everything that goes with our treatments.

Praying for Monday!
ReplyDeleteI am praying, girl. This is your time. I am SOOO glad you have 3 more tries at this to fall back on if this one results in BFN. Hugs!!
ReplyDelete