Well, this little acronym isn't a happy one. It's for F*** You Aunt Flow. She made her appearance this afternoon, on schedule, just as I've been predicting since around Thursday. So this first IUI was not successful. We are moving on to IUI Cycle #2. I'll go to the clinic tomorrow for my bloodwork and ultrasound to start the cycle, and they'll give me my medications which I will start on Tuesday. This means that IUI #2 will fall around or over Easter weekend.
this %^%&%$@#! sucks! Best wishes for cycle 2. Will they change anything up?
ReplyDeleteCheri, we are doing these treatments through a study at a University and we are taking the same medications for a total of four cycles. We are so fortunate that it is paid for by the University, not by us. So we are grateful for this. But it does mean that they won't change anything for the next cycles.
ReplyDeleteoh, I figured you were staying on the same meds...just wasn't sure if they'd change the dose up?
ReplyDeleteI wanted to tell you something I was reading about. I have heard that doing nightly foot soaks during egg growth helps with the maturity/quality. You just soak your feet in hot water for about 20 to 30 minutes. It's been said to promote circulation and therefore, circulates warmer blood back to the uterus and promotes great egg growth. I think this could be something you could do during your next cycle. I plan on soaking every day during my IVF stims. I figure it will feed nice regardless :) Hubby bought me a Dr Scholls foot spa for $30. So not too pricey either.
I'm sorry. I know all too well how that feels. FYAF is right!
ReplyDelete