Scott and I had our appointment scheduled with Dr. B at HFCRM yesterday afternoon at 4:00. I arrived at the appointment a little early and sent Scott a text message to let him know I was already there. He was about 10 minutes away so I decided to take a few minutes to clean out my car. If you know me at all you may know that my car typically looks like I've been living out of it. I had trash, gym clothes, a gym bag, and at least five empty water bottles plus a few coffee mugs that all needed to find their way out of my car. I turned around in my seat to put these things into bags; one for the trash and one to take into the house once I got home.
I was excited for the appointment, excited to start fertility treatments again, and excited for the possibility that we might actually, finally get pregnant. I was also really excited to go to dinner with Scott after the appointment and tell him about the phone call from his mother I got that afternoon. A phone call that might really change the whole game.
I finished cleaning the junk out of the backseat of my car and turned around to gather my purse and bags to go into the doctor's office and wait for our appointment. As I turned around my vision went blurry. It took me a moment to realize that I was getting a migraine. All I could think was "Seriously?" Why would this be happening to me? Now? In the parking lot at the RE's office?!? I called Scott and we decided to cancel the appointment. I really needed to get home and get to bed before my migraine got to be unbearable. I went into the office and told the receptionist that I was ill and we needed to reschedule the appointment. Then I drove home and went to bed.
Maybe it was a good thing the appointment was canceled because the phone call from my mother-in-law was about a study that is currently being conducted at WSU. She gave me the information and I called the study coordinator right away. After a half hour long conversation, where I mostly answered "no" to the questions the woman had for me, we passed the first of two pre-screening sessions! The study is examine multiple birth rates for three different fertility drugs when used to treat unexplained infertility. Even though my hormone levels all point to DOR, my levels are still good enough to qualify for this study. As long as my cycle-day-three FSH level comes in under 12, we should be able to take part in the study. My FSH has been 10.2 and 11.0, so I hope it is still in the same range!!!
The study consists of four medicated cycles, each with a fertility drug and intrauterine insemination (IUI), also know as artificial insemination.
On cycle day 3 we will be given our medications and each cycle they could be different. The study will cover all of our medications, monitoring, testing, bloodwork and the IUI procedure, as well as bloodwork 9 and 14 days after the IUI to confirm ovulation and then test for pregnancy. It is all paid by the study!
So, please send prayers out for Scott and me. We are really hoping that we pass the second part of the pre-screening and that we will qualify. We should know within the next week or two!!

wow, that is great news!! I am praying hard that you qualify. so its absolutely ZERO cost to you?? I need to find one of those. LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to have found your blog Corinne. And even more-so to read this great news. :)