Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Trigger Happy

I was scheduled for my first ultrasound for Wednesday, February 17th to measure my follicle development with the Femara this cycle. Over the weekend I started to see and feel some pretty prominent fertile signs. On Monday morning I called the RE's office to see if we could change my appointment to either that afternoon or Tuesday morning. We decided to schedule it for Tuesday.
I went in this morning and completely forgot I would have to have bloodwork too to check my FSH and E2. The nurse did the blood draw and then the ultrasound tech did the ultrasound. It was pretty quick. The nurse called back this afternoon to say that it was a good thing I changed my appointment because it is time to trigger! I had two mature follicles (eggs) in my left ovary, one at 24mm and one at 21mm. My LH was 10.2 and my Estradoil was 323, which the nurse said was great! I took the Ovidrel shot this evening when I got home from work. I was pretty nervous because I was afraid it would hurt. I did it all by myself and it was completely painless! Now the waiting begins!

I also went home this weekend for the baptisms of my two nieces. It was a very nice service. I talked to my mom a little bit, and she told me that she saw on the news that there was a recent study showing that as early as age 30, many women have only 10-14% of their ovarian reserve remaining. She said the report noted that for these women, it just takes longer to achieve a pregnancy than it does for women in their 20's. I am hoping she is right! And it was nice to know that she is thinking of Scott and me through all of this.

9 comments:

  1. I feel like this is the month for you! I can't wait to find out what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sending me this link - I've enjoyed reading about your journey. Can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rooting and so excited for you. This is such a good way to channel your news and progress. I know there are happy things to come...xo from Milwaukee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mom, and thanks Emily. Erin encouraged me to start this, and it is still a private blog so it's not out there for the whole world to see. But I did want to share with my family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corinne,

    I am praying for two outcomes. Initially, that you and Scott are blessed with the joy of a child, and secondly, that as you Father, I never learn the definition of the term "trigger."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dad,
    ROFMLAO! Yeah, I have tried to keep the blog as family and parent friendly as possible. But a trigger is a trigger shot I have to give myself in the stomach. It helps the egg or eggs finish maturing and release from the ovary. So, that wasn't too bad, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm praying this is the month for you!!! You and Scott will be wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saying lots of prayers and sending even more love your way! I'm here for you, no matter what it is you need. Thanks for giving us all this window into your journey. I hope for you it is way to get some of your thoughts and feelings out. For the rest of us, it is a priviledge to know the ins and outs of what's going on and how you are coping. We're all behind you and Scott 100%.

    ReplyDelete