Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

RESOLVE Article

When I received my diagnosis of DOR, my doctor handed me a pamphlet about an organization called RESOLVE. It is a national infertility orginaztion providing support and resources to those of us struggling with infertility. It was quite a blow when she handed me the information. I couldn't believe that I was actually diagnosed with infertility let alone that she thought I needed support. It took some time, but eventually I perused the website, reading some articles and finding many useful resources. Today I found an article I wanted to share.
I found that most of the points were really great, and that a few didn't really apply to me and what I am feeling. I realize that when people ask questions or offer advice, they are doing so out of support and curiosity. The intent of this post is to let others know some of the feelings we may have when these questions or advice are offered. I hope that the article will help some to understand some of our struggles and feelings. I also hope it doesn't deter anyone from offering advice or asking questions.
I have felt pretty accepting of my diagnosis lately. And after reading the article, I realize that I am indeed going through the grieving process. I am finally at the point where I have accepted the diagnosis and we are ready to tackle it with whatever we can emotionally and financially endure.
There was a point where I was incredibly angry, and unfortunately that fell right over the holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas were extremely difficult for me, and for Scott as well. But I think we are in a better place now. I can talk with others about what is going on and share our diagnosis and treatment plans. I can answer questions without tearing up or becoming angry. And I hopeful that very soon I will be able to share good news and joy with our family and friends.
The article really affected me because I was able to see that much of what I am feeling is normal! Finally, I am normal. The blog has helped me to express what we are going through and for me to work through my feelings. I am glad that I finally decided to share it with friends and family, and I hope it helps you to learn as much as you are comfortable with about our diagnosis and treatment.
I will continue to keep the updates as "PG-Rated" as possible, and spare the public from the more personal details.

2 comments:

  1. We are so happy that you are sharing this too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that we have each other to share our journeys of fertility. It's been a long,hard road but we are strong women who will end the journey with a baby in our arms! I am so hoping this cycle is it for you guys!

    ReplyDelete