Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

AFC Results

I had my ultrasound today to get my antral follicle count. It is an ultrasound where they look at your ovaries early in your cycle, usually around day 3 or 4, to measure how many follicles you have developing. Most of the information I have correlates the AFC to IFV(In-Vitro Fertilization) success rates, and since I am not doing IVF, it is a little difficult to determine what it all means for me. But, from what I can tell, a good AFC count is somewhere between 15-30. If you have DOR (diminished ovarian reserve) like I do, then your count is lower. A count over 30 typically indicated PCOS (Polycystic-Ovarian Syndrome). My count this morning was nine plus one cyst.
I'll take nine! It's not fabulous, but it could be much worse. So, I have nine little follicles ready to mature into one (or two) great eggs to be fertilized!
I am not sure about the cyst. From what I've read, a cyst is fairly common when taking clomid or other ovary stimulating meds. I thought the nurse from my RE's office might call this afternoon to go over the results, but she didn't. So I will call in the morning to see what they say about the cyst.
Now, I just continue with the Femara for the next three days, and I go back for another ultrasound on February 17th to measure follicle/egg growth. If the egg(s) is (are) about ready, then I will take Ovidrel (a trigger shot) to trigger ovulation so that we can better time baby-makin'!

1 comment: