Scott, Baby, and I had our first ultrasound this morning. We are currently about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant, based on my LMP. Next week the doctor will give us a more precise date, based on the size of the baby durning our next ultrasound.
At our ultrasound this morning, everything looked good. I am posting a picture, and if you look at the photo and all you can think of is Ross and Rachel on Friends, you are not alone. There really isn't a whole lot to see this early. But, you can see the gestational sac, which is the larger black bean-shaped thing. The yolk sac, which is the small little lighter circle within the bean-shaped sac. At the very bottom of the yolk sac, you can kind of, almost, barely, see a little white line or blob, that is the baby!
We also got to see the heart beat! It was just a little flicker on the screen, but it was amazing.
We go back next week for another ultrasound. The doctor said that the baby should about double in size by then and we'll be albe to see a little more and we should be able to hear the heartbeat too!


Corinne, how does it feel??? Is it AHHHMAZING?! I am STILL in awe :)
ReplyDeleteI am just in such amazement, I want you to remember you CLAIMED it through the Lord this time. I praise daily on your behalf and I am soooo thrilled!! I am gonna be an "auntie" again!! Someone needs to make a neme for BFF friends that are not sisters but as good as aunties..... lets think on that! Any way I get side tracked, I am SO EXCITED! And you baby is BEAUTIFUL! I am just in utter amazement and wonder, 3 looooooong years, I remember every tear, every thought of anger, every time faith was renewd, and I am so glad oyu never gave up. That is a gorgeous baby! I love you
ReplyDeleteIt was the beta numbers that gave you away LOL. I am good at remembering numbers and when I saw them posted I was like, hmmmmmm. LOL. Congrats on your first U/S!! That is sooo amazing! I am so happy for you and your DH. I'll be checking in on you often :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you, and so glad you always kept the faith! You are going to be an amazing mommy! XOXO
ReplyDelete